Tuesday, April 5, 2011
*4 cups almond flour
*1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder (I suggest Ghirardelli)
*1/2 c agave nectar
*1/3 cup agave nectar
*3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease small baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
3. In a medium bowl combine almond flour and cocoa powder until well combined. Add the agave nectar and blend until well combined.
4. Lightly press onto cookie sheet in an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 17-20 minutes. Let cool before drizzling with chocolate sauce.
5. For the chocolate sauce, combine the agave nectar and cocoa powder in a small sauté pan. Place on stove, medium heat, and bring to a light simmer while stirring constantly. Immediately drizzle over cooled brownies.
6. Immediately deliver to hungry cavemanhter. I think I lost a few pounds, but not enough to actually get on the new scale I bought 2 weeks ago...soon, though, I hope. Anywho, my dear friend CeCe, emailed me this recipe...as a must try. It is ok.I am a foodie...so this is tolerable.By NO means anything even close to a brownie.It is nutty,thin,flaky...sorta hard...with a mild(ish) chocolately flavor. This is a desperate Paleo attempt at starving off a major sweet tooth.Try this...lemme know.